Union Flag flies at half mast following the death of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh.
Nat West tower and its newer, larger neighbour.
A fine sunset
This is the most spectacular sunset since last summer.
Modernist building and pub, Dalston
Empress State Building, Earls Court
Empress State Building from Brompton Cemetery
219 Oxford Street
219 Oxford Street was designed by Ronald Ward & Partners in 1950 and constructed between 1951 and 1952, as commemorated by the Festival of Britain plaques. It is one of London’s earliest postwar commercial buildings and is a mixture of prewar and postwar architectural styles. As built, the five-storey building comprised a ground-floor shop, with a showroom, and three floors of offices. Landlord Jack Salmon used the second-floor office himself.
In 2001, 219 Oxford Street became a Grade II listed building. Consequently, when the adjoining buildings were demolished in 2004 to make way for a block of flats and a Zara store, 219 was incorporated into the development and now forms a part of the latter.