Park Street and Wills Memorial Building, Bristol

Popular with shoppers, drinkers and clubbers alike, Park Street is unusual in running up a steep incline. The street was developed during the second half of the 18th Century but is now dominated by the massive Wills Memorial Building at its summit. Completed in 1925 and part of the University of Bristol complex, it is named for Henry Overton Wills III, first chancellor of the university and father of tobacco magnates George Albert and Henry Herbert Wills, whose donations funded its construction.

© Christopher Seddon 2008

Author: prehistorian

Prehistorian & author

One thought on “Park Street and Wills Memorial Building, Bristol”

Comments are closed.